Working With Guatemala Artisans
Ethical Fashion Guatemala receives hundreds of requests per month to have products produced for potential clients in numerous countries.
If you are interested in working with Guatemala Artisans you need to have a clear understanding, they produce handmade products that in some cases take weeks to complete.
We do not have a catalog, impossible with the wide range of products created by our Artisans.
The following explains our work:
The Fashionista article covered a problem, not only copyright protection, the fact that buyers come to Central American countries seeking to purchase handmade products for next to nothing and sell the products for huge profits.
The Articles explain how Guatemala Artisans have suffered exploitation.
The Artisans we support do not have websites, their products will not be found on Fair Trade or on NGO’s websites.
Meeting the Guatemala Artisan who produce your products. This is an exciting time for our clients and Artisans. In most cases, this occurs after some form of working relationship has been established.
The services we provide: Please read this before you contact us.
- Guatemala Artisans mostly only speak Spanish or native Mayan dialects.
- Our business communication enterprise functions using only Facebook and WhatsApp to communicate with our Guatemala Artisans. They seldom use email.
- Interested parties need to send complete original designs, textiles, bags, hats, etc.
- From designs, we source a weaver, leather artists, jewelry, ceramics, and hats from producers.
- Samples are produced, and we export the samples to the client.
- Ethical Fashion Guatemala has a DHL contract for exporting products worldwide.
- Exporting to the US is duty-free, $800 per day per address to the US.
- Normal shipment times from Guatemala to the US and Canada is 4 days.
- We drop-ship to our client’s customers direct from Guatemala.
- We provide the back-story about the Artisan including, photographs copy and other marketing support the client requests.
- Payments using Western Union; this is the most cost-effective way of paying the Artisans.
Working With Guatemala Artisans, we welcome all inquiries please respect our guidelines for working together.
James, Geno and the Artisans of Guatemala
We use Whats App give us a call.
James 502 4467 9981
Geno 502 3003 0113